Are you looking for the most famous towns in Montgomery County? Look no further than Downtown Ambler, PA. This attractive suburban region is known for its award-winning entertainment options, excellent restaurants, and cool shops, among other things. With modern amenities and convenient transportation, the area boasts an urban-suburban feel with coffee shops, parks, and famous places. Explore this renowned town with us!
3 Reasons To Choose Downtown Ambler, PA
Locals Love The Area And Have Some Great Reviews!
Downtown Ambler is renowned for its excellent public schools and diversity, making it one of the best suburbs in Pennsylvania. With a welcoming atmosphere and plenty of coffee shops for hanging out, you will fall in love with the town! The town hosts exciting events that unite the community and keep residents engaged, such as First Fridays, Ambler Restaurant Week, Art & Music Festivals, and more.
The locals have plenty of positive things to say about the town, regardless of whether you’re a young professional starting out, a family with kids, or a retiree.
A Rich History
Ambler got its name after Mary Johnson Ambler from the Johnson family, the early settlers in the region, who owned much of the land around Ambler. Ambler’s history dates back to the late 1800s, with a significant asbestos manufacturing plant leading to an influx of workers into the area. In the early 1900s, the downtown area began with notable buildings, such as the Ambler Theater, opening in 1928. Throughout the 20th century, Ambler experienced both growth and setbacks as the economy changed and people migrated to the suburbs.
Today, Ambler’s downtown thrives with repurposed historic buildings, restaurants, offices, and apartments.
- Exciting Things To Do
- Visit the Barrymore Award-winning professional theatre, Act II Play House.
- Walk the Ambler Main Street, where you can also find various options for food, entertainment, and shopping.
- The Stoogeum, a Three Stooges Museum, is a must-visit for The Kings of the Knuckleheads fans, showcasing their memorabilia.
- If you’re looking for a perfect place for golfing, Talamore Country Club is the ideal destination.
- Ambler Theatre offers another excellent option for entertainment.
- For those who enjoy hiking, the Wissahickon Trail is a 20-mile trail that extends through Philadelphia’s Fairmount Park.
If you’re seeking a peaceful suburban lifestyle, Downtown Ambler, PA, is the place to be: A thriving destination boasting a lively arts scene, galleries, and performance spaces. Please click here to contact us. We can help you fall in love with the place we call home.